Table Of Contents
- About Coffee Containers
- Our Top 7 Picks
About Coffee Containers
When it comes to coffee containers it’s not enough to simply put your beans or grinds in any old tin can – unless you like stale coffee. There are several key factors you need to consider when purchasing a proper container that’ll keep your coffee fresh as long as you need it. The first and foremost is to make sure that it’s designed specifically to be a coffee container. Why? Because a coffee container is designed to be completely airtight. This guarantees that your coffee stays fresh at all times. Another reason is that airtight designs prevent moisture from seeping into the container. Some options can also help protect your coffee from various changes in the temperature.
Simply put, a coffee container is manufactured and constructed to make sure your coffee will retain its rich taste. To help, I’ve made a list of the best coffee containers that you can buy today – check out the list below, and rest easy knowing your coffee will soon be cool, dry, and fresh!
Our Top 7 Picks
The 7 coffee canisters listed below are all among the top-rated and best-sellers on the market today. Personally, I would suggest you go for one of the canisters that utilizes some sort of CO2 one-way valve vacuum technology for storing coffee beans or ground coffee. These containers offer better results when it comes to keeping the contents fresh for a longer period of time. That being said, any of the options on our list are perfect for most typical coffee consumers.
1. Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Container – Canister with CO2 Valve and Scoop
|Capacity||1 lb whole beans|
|Seal||Airtight seal w/ CO2 valve|
|Dimensions||5 x 5 x 7.5 inches|
- One-way valve helps eject CO2 out of the canister.
- Comes with a dial wheel which allows you track freshness of the coffee beans.
- Modern barista style design is pleasing to look at.
- Date wheel dial can be somewhat difficult to operate.
Coffee Gator is definitely one of the most popular and reliable coffee containers you can get today. Aesthetics are nice on the eyes and capture that modern barista look perfectly. It comes in a variety of color variations so you are guaranteed to get one that fits into your home’s interior design perfectly well.
The Coffee Gator uses a one-way valve design to help keep your coffee beans fresh. This design helps push carbon dioxide (CO2) upwards and out of the container. No risk of CO2 buildup inside this canister.
I also quite welcome the inclusion of an eBook and a coffee scoop with the Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Container. The lid also comes with a ‘timer wheel’ which allows you to gauge the freshness of the coffee beans inside. This should help you figure out whether the coffee beans are at their peak, taste-wise, before serving.
2. Tightpac America, Inc. Coffeevac 1lb Ultimate Vacuum Sealed Coffee Container
|Capacity||1 lb whole beans|
|Dimensions||4.9 x 4.9 x 7.8 inches|
- Simple and easy to use.
- Convenient design makes using this coffee container.
- Cleaning is made simple thanks to a wide opening.
- Impressive vacuum seal.
- Plastic body may be off-putting to some.
What I enjoy about the Tightpac Coffeevac is how incredibly simple it is to use. It doesn’t utilize any sort of mechanism to ensure the freshness of your coffee bean. Just cover the container with the lid properly and you’re done.
The vacuum seal does everything. You can actually hear the vacuum design working its magic whenever you remove the lid. You will hear a faint ‘whooshing’ sound which tells you that the seal has been removed as the pressurized air rushes out.
This container can hold up to a pound (500 grams) of the delicious ground coffee blend or coffee beans with no problem. The wide opening is also large enough to fit your entire hand so scooping and cleaning are extremely easy to do. Cleaning can also be done via handwash or dishwasher. When dishwashing, just make sure there is no debris stuck on the lid and the exterior.
This is a minimalist and classy looking coffee container that is sure to fit into any kitchen no matter the aesthetics. It is also quite reliable when it comes to sealing the freshness of your coffee beans.
3. Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Coffee Container – Travel Jar (Small / Travel Size)
|Seal||Airtight seal w/ CO2 valve|
|Dimensions||5.5 x 5.5 x 4.5 inches|
- Uses Coffee Gator’s signature CO2 vacuum technology to protect the coffee bean’s flavor.
- Compact and durable construction.
- Sleek and modern design.
- Similar to the larger version, the dial wheel feels rigid and might be difficult to use for some people.
We take a look at another Coffee Gator coffee container but this one is a little more compact and is designed for outdoor enthusiasts or people who are simply constantly on the go. This one has similar features to its larger Coffee Gator counterpart.
It has the CO2 vacuum technology that pushes out CO2 from inside the container. This allows the coffee bean to remain fresh for a longer period of time. It also has a nifty dial wheel located at the top of the lid to let you track the coffee bean’s freshness.
As with other Coffee Gator containers, the Travel Jar version also comes with a free eBook and a scoop. Cleaning is relatively easy even if this one is smaller. The small compact design is sturdy and easy to carry. A great companion for coffee lovers who are out and about.
4. EECOO Coffee Container Airtight Vacuum Seal for Ground or Whole Coffee Beans
|Capacity||16 oz / 1 lb|
|Dimensions||4.6 x 4.6 x 5.9 inches|
- Lightweight and durable construction.
- CO2 valve helps keep your coffee bean or grounded coffee at its freshest for a longer period of time.
- The canister is easy to clean and scooping coffee bean is significantly easier thanks to the wider opening.
- Does not come with an instruction for beginners on how to use the circulation vent properly.
A harmonious fusion of traditional and modern can best sum up the EECOO Coffee Container. The copper-toned canister is a breath of fresh air from your standard black, gray, and silver coffee containers.
The EECOO features a built-in valve similar to that of the Coffee Gator. This one-way valve pushes the carbon dioxide out of the container and preventing oxygen from entering which helps protect the freshness of the coffee beans inside.
It also comes with a dial wheel located on top of the lid which allows you to track the freshness of the coffee bean. This should help you track the freshness of the coffee bean and use it during its peak period for the best-tasting coffee.
As for storage capacity, the EECOO coffee container can hold up to 16 oz of coffee bean and 14 oz ground coffee. It comes in 4 variations: black, red, silver, and copper. All are well made and looks quite elegant, a good fit for any kitchen.
5. Typhoon Living Blue Coffee Canister Airtight Bamboo Lid
|Material||Carbon Steel / Bamboo|
|Dimensions||4.3 x 4.3 x 6.1 inches|
- Beautiful pastel colors and industrial design.
- Amazing airtight seal.
- Durable yet lightweight.
- Some complaints about the plastic ring making closing the lid a bit difficult. A simple adjustment might be needed if this issue arises.
The Typhoon Living Blue Coffee Canister is another highly recommended coffee container for all of your coffee lovers out there. I personally enjoy its design, it gives off that natural aesthetic with its bamboo lid. This container can also be used for storing different kinds of dry goods like sugar and tea.
The container is made from lightweight and sturdy carbon steel and features an embossed graphic that adds to its overall flair. The airtight seal is also quite impressive and guarantees your coffee bean will be protected from outside factors like oxygen and CO2 to prevent any decline in its freshness.
The coffee container comes in at around 4 ¼ inches (diameter) and 5 ¼ inches in height. It has a storage capacity of 1 liter and is a handwash only container.
6. Progressive International PrepWorks Coffee ProKeeper
|Dimensions||6.5 x 5 x 5.5 inches|
- Airtight seal and ventilation are quite impressive.
- Stackable if you but the complete set. Makes it easy to organize dry goods in your kitchen.
- Handle allows for easier handling when opening and closing.
- UV-blocking material is coated over the container.
- Crumbs and debris have a habit of getting stuck on the bottom layer.
The PrepWorks is a completely different coffee container from the rest of the entries in this list. As far as aesthetics go, it might not be the best looking one in this bunch (depending on your personal taste) but that does not mean it is not a reliable coffee container.
The PrepWorks coffee container utilizes solid construction and silicone material to deliver its airtight seal, and deliver it, it does. The plastic casing is coated with UV-blocking material which helps preserve the rich taste of coffee beans stored inside.
All materials used in the construction of the PrepWorks is BPA-free and dishwasher safe. Not only is this a good coffee container, you can also use it to store sugar, grains, and other dry goods. It also comes in sets if you want to organize your kitchen properly.
7. Oggi 4-Piece Canister Set with Airtight Lids and Acrylic Spoon Set
|Capacity||28oz, 38oz, 59oz, 72oz|
- Classic and elegant appearance.
- Reasonably priced.
- Good airtight seal.
- See through jar makes it easier to differentiate contents.
- The acrylic glass is a bit thinner than expected. Handle with care.
The Oggi 4-Piece Canister Set brings back a more traditional flair to dry goods storage options. It uses a see-through tinted acrylic lid with a silicone gasket which helps produce a solid airtight seal. The transparent glass makes it easy for you to distinguish the content of each container.
As for its coffee storing capability, it is a reliable one even with its simple and classic design. Of course, it may not match up to the performance set forth by a CO2 vacuum sealed containers but it uses a tried and tested approach and is easy on the eyes.
Cleaning the set can be done by handwash. You should use a clean cloth to dry off the jars after cleaning. Not much can be said about the Oggi 4-Piece set, really. It is a basic and a call back to traditional dry goods containers of yesteryear. Simple, elegant, and aesthetically pleasing.