Ready in: 3hrs 10mins
Serves: 6-8 people
- 6-8 cups of strong coffee.
- 1 x 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Combine brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk in a large pitcher.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice.
- TIP- Use leftover coffee to make coffee ice cubes with.
- Then you have the chill without getting watered down.
History of Iced Coffee
Mazagran, a cold, sweetened coffee beverage that originated in Algeria circa 1840, has been described as “the original iced coffee”. It was prepared with coffee syrup and cold water. Frozen coffee beverages, similar to slush, are documented in the 19th century, often called “café frappé (à la glace)”. Similar is the Italian granita al caffè. Coffee brewed then chilled with ice, called “iced coffee”, appears in menus and recipes in the late 19th century. Iced coffee was popularized by a marketing campaign of the Joint Coffee Trade Publicity Committee of the United States in 1920. Much later, it was marketed by Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks. – Wikipedia
Don’t forget you can read our amazing buyer guides which have been updated for 2018 here: