1. Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
- Nespresso Inissia by De'Longhi offer
If you love coffee but hate waiting, then the Inissia compact Nespresso machine is for you. It takes less than a minute to reach the ideal temperature for making delicious espresso or lungo.
The pump is high pressure and delivers up to 19 bars of pressure. This is super important as this determines the quality of the extract. Don’t worry, having 19 bars will allow you to make barista-style coffee every time.
The water tank is a decent size, and one filling will allow you to make 9 cups of coffee (depending on cup size obviously) – important as it becomes a hassle to refill the reservoir every time. The drip tray folds so it can accommodate most cup sizes.
- One of the most affordable Nespresso machines.
- Super easy to operate – 2 programmable buttons.
- Really fast warm-up time – just 25 seconds.
- Auto power-off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- The design is slightly flawed – the pod is sometimes not in the correct position and can be crushed.
2. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker
- POWERFUL: Nespresso Pixie espresso maker has a 19 bar high-pressure pump that allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each coffee capsule.
If you don’t have much space, then the Pixie Espresso Maker is for you – but don’t let its small size deceive you. It is full of cool features.
It comes with a full programmable button, allowing you to pre-program your ideal coffee size. This means making your favorite drink is quick and easy.
When the water reservoir is low, you will get a warning via the stylish red backlights. And there is a handy used pod storage container which can hold 11 empties.
Again, this machine has a decent pump pushing 19 bars of pressure and has the same auto power-off feature as the Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker.
It comes with a nice 16 pod ‘starter-kit’ so you can try the most popular flavors – handy so you aren’t stuck with a lot of pods you don’t like 🙂
- Very small footprint – just 4.3 inches wide.
- Really fast warm-up time – just 30 seconds.
- Auto power-off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Easily make espresso and lungo with pre-set buttons – no fiddling with settings.
- The water reservoir is smaller than most of the other Nespresso machines.
3. Nespresso VertuoLine Coffee and Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes; Espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee (7.7 oz) and alto (14 oz). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
The VertuoLine uses Grand Cru capsules and the range is pretty impressive. It includes 4 genuine espressos and 10 fresh brewed coffees – all with different pod sizes. You get a ‘welcome kit’ containing 12 different capsules.
The VetruoLine is quite unique in the way it actually makes your coffee. Using advanced Centrifuge technology, it blends the contents of a pod with hot water at 7,000 rotations per minute. The result is a flawless crema every time.
Another cool feature is the pod scanning technology. It determines the type of Grand Cru you have inserted and adjusts the settings to ensure the best brew.
The machine uses a ‘one touch’ system that starts by closing the lever and once finished, automatically ejects the empty pod – sadly there is no empty pod collection area.
- One of the fastest warm up times – just 20 seconds.
- Centrifuge technology blends coffee perfectly every time.
- Super easy to clean and maintain.
- It comes with a great ‘welcome kit’ so you can try 12 different aromas before you commit.
- The Grand Cru pods are more expensive than traditional Nespresso pods.
- It doesn’t produce boiling hot coffee.
4. Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo Coffee and Espresso Machine with Aeroccino by De’Longhi
- Centrifusion technology to gently brew both Coffee and Espresso with one touch of a button
The Vertuo Evoluo is updated version of the original VertuoLine. It has all of the same basic features and some impressive upgrades.
The original has a 40oz water reservoir where as the new one is 54oz – this means you will spend less time filling it and more time enjoying delicious coffee.
The original has a 13 pod used capsule container where as the new one is 17 pods – again this is just a convenience factor.
The most important upgrade fixes the main complaint the original machine had – it did not produce boiling hot coffee. This newer model brews at a much higher temperature and should satisfy even the most demanding owner.
- All of the same as the above model.
- Now produces boiling hot coffee.
- Larger water tank and used pod container makes this a very efficient machine to use.
- The machine ‘automatically’ detects which pod has been inserted and adjusts the settings accordingly. This means there is no flexibility to customize your coffee.
5. Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine by De’Longhi
The compact deign of the CitiZ makes this machine a great choice if you are limited on space, but want a good range of features.
What makes this machine great is that you can make both espresso and Lungo drinks, which can be fully customizable based on your preference. You can also save these so you can make your favorite drink quick and easy.
Like all the other machines here, this one has a decent 19 bar pump, which is important for extracting the full flavor. Also the water heats up super quick – 25 seconds – so it’s ideal if you are looking for a quick perk up in the mornings.
- You can make a high quality coffee consistently and quickly.
- It is very easy to clean and maintain.
- It is small enough to fit most kitchens.
- There is a small amount of dripping after each brew.
- The coffee produced is actually too hot – and it not drinkable straight away.